Use of lavender has been documented for over 2500. Romans used lavender essential oil in their soaps, to perfume the air, ward off infection, and heal wound. Ancient Greeks used lavender to reduce back aches and reduce the effects of insomnia. Egyptians used lavender for mummification and to make perfume.
Why Use Lavender Essential Oil
- Calms the mind improving emotional poise: Lavender has physically and emotionally balancing fragrance that is known to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Soothes skin irritations: Anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties of lavender is known to reduce heal acne breakouts. Applying diluted lavender oil on dry skin will help reduce the itchiness.
- Soaks away stress when added to bath water: Add a few drops of lavender oil to bath water. It eases stress and gives goodnight’s sleep. The sedative property of lavender oil is very soothing to the body and mind.
- Natural Refreshner: Add a few drops of Organix Mantra Lavender Oil to water. Mix well and spray it in the room. Diffuse lavender oil to spread the fragrance in your home or office. Soak a cotton ball in Lavender Oil and place it among clothes in your wardrobe. It keeps away moth.
Medicinal Benefits of using Lavender Essential Oil
- Therapeutic grade Lavender oil has many medicinal values because of its anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Applying lavender oil on your body is known to relieve muscle spasm.
- Diluted lavender oil mixed with water can be used to wash wounds. Its a natural anti-disinfectant.
- Regularly applying diluted lavender oil on acne infected area is known to reduce the inflammation, and slowly help in the healing.
- When applied on the area bitten by bugs, or any insects, it soothes the inflamed skin and is known to relieve the pain.
Therapeutic Benefits of using Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender is used in aromatherapy either in a diffuser or as body massage.
- When you inhale the vapors or use lavender oil along with your massage oil it is known to have a mild sedative effective. This is known to reduce stress causing cortisol levels in the body.
- Lavender oil has relaxing properties that induce sleep. This is one of the popular oils that can be used by those who suffer from insomnia.