Aphids and bugs eat away the leaves and spoil the flower buds in the garden. Incase of stagnant water, mosquitoes breed and cause diseases such as malaria, dengue, and more. You have a choice to either opt for a chemical bug-repellent spray or try a DIY Natural Plant Bug Spray using Peppermint Oil.
Peppermint Oil has a very soothing aroma for the human senses, however, mosquitoes, bugs, and other garden insects hate it. Using Peppermint Oil directly on the plants may cause damage, therefore, it has to be diluted with water and sprayed generously to keep the bugs and insects away. The pungent aroma of this Essential Oil helps keep the bugs away. But if there is an infestation and you want to kill the bugs, add a couple of dishwashing liquid to the recipe.
- 1 Spray Bottle
- Peppermint Essential Oil (15 Drops)
- Water (1/2 Litre)
- Add the water and Peppermint Oil to the spray bottle.
- Give it a good shake to mix well and spray on the plants.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil Plant Bug Spray
- As Peppermint Oil is concentrated and strong, ensure this spray is NOT used on the face.
- Do a patch test before spraying on your body.